Non-Regulated Service Industry
- Consultancy Management and Management Consulting Services;
- Cleaning and washing services;
- Hairdressing Center;
- Market Research;
- Translation and interpretation;
- Laundry service;
- Market Studies;
- Packaging services;
- Photography services; and
- Personal & Household Goods Rental Service
- Regulation of convenience stores that have foreign participation. Owner of a convenience store with foreign interests must obtain prior permission from KPDNKK by making an application to the Service Industry Division, KPDNKK in order to operate.
- All online business must be registered with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM);
- Online Business Companies having foreign participation (i.e. foreign ownership above 51%) and operating in Malaysia must comply with the following regulations:
- Company must make an application for non-regulated business with the Industry and Service Division by referring to the Guidelines on Foreign Participation in the Distributive Trade Sector in Malaysia;
- Company must comply with the Consumer Protection Regulations (Electronic Trade Transactions) 2012; and
- Company must comply with all existing laws and regulations in Malaysia as applicable to a physical business
TIPS FOR CONSUMERS
- Guidelines on Conducting Electronic Transactions for consumers; and
ACT AND REGULATION
- Guidelines on Foreign Participation in the Distributive Trade in Malaysia;
- Electronic Commerce Act, 2006; and
- Consumer Protection Regulations (Electronic Trade Transactions) 2012.
Applicants are required to complete an application form and provide a set of original documents and copies of documents that have been arranged in sequence as required in the checklist.
The set of original documents must be certified as true copies by the Court Registrar or Commissioner of Oaths ONLY.