Small Franchise Financing Scheme (SPKF)
To help potential entrepreneurs venturing into franchise businesses and generate additional income, the Government through the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism (KPDNKK) has introduced Franchise Micro-Franchising Scheme which offers a maximum funding up to RM50,000.
The scheme provides financing to prospective entrepreneurs to venture into micro-franchising which offers systematic and less risky businesses.
The scheme aims to provide small financial assistance (micro-franchising) to the local franchisee of low and middle income with a maximum financing up to RM50,000.
Terms and Conditions for Franchise Micro-Franchising Scheme:
|1.||Size of Financing||
RM 50,000 (Maximum)
RM 5,000 (Minimum)
|2.||Interest Rate||3% per annum on reducing balance|
|3.||Tenure||Maximum 5 years or based on the Franchise Agreement|
Criteria for the Franchise Micro-Franchising Scheme
- 21 years old and above and not more than 65 years on the date of application;
- Open to local franchisees with a local franchise business registered with Registrar of Franchise under Section 6 of Franchise Act 1998;
- Application should be made through a limited company / partnership / enterprise;
- Applicants are entrepreneurs who are owners / operators of the business;
- Has letter of offer from the local franchisors;
- Registered with Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM);
- 100% locally owned business (sole proprietorship / partnership / private ltd.)
- Not blacklisted by financial institutions (*CCRIS record shows outstanding installments not exceeding 2 months);
- Not declared as a bankrupt;
- Did not deal with any proceedings in court;
- Business conducted are shariah-based business;
- Franchise package not exceeding RM50,000 with 90% margin of financing including MRTA, legal fee and other related charges;
- Financing exceeding RM10,000 must obtain credit takaful coverage.
Download the application form here:
Send your application to:
Perbadanan Nasional Berhad (PNS)
Menara 7, Avenue 7
Bangsar South City
No.8 Jalan Kerinchi
59200 Kuala Lumpur
(Per: En. Zafrul Azman Azraai)
Tel : 03-2082 7788